Read this and you'll go insane
Wednesday, August 21, 2002
 
Ack, I still gotta install my printer, all summer I was using Becca's over the network and didn't bother setting mine up, now she is gone and I need mine, coz Chris doesn't leave his on all the time! Oh well, I just won't print anything right now hehe.

First two days of school have gone alright. Monday was just choir and then later the audition for carpenter's wood (contemporary vocal ensemble) which I made. Today I had history I (up to 1500) and then later my intro to theatre class, the first of my real classes for my minor. It's a class geared to get freshman theatre people orientated with the theatre department and start them learning about theatre stuff. It's a large class this year, 18 people or so, including two minors, a few sophomores and a lot of freshmen. It's going to be a good, but demanding class. We have to read a play a week and write a synopsis, we have to write a research paper, and we have to take a play, analyze it, do character sketches, design costumes, design a set, stage the show, list props and all, and design lighting, basically all the pre-production work that goes into a show. We also have to help with the set building and tech work for the one-acts and the fall show (A show which is written by one, Jonathan Pope-Evans, a WCC graduate of two years ago. His first show was done by our theatre a couple of years back, And David Danced, and it won national recognition at a theatre competition, this show will probably be as good if not better and will likely go on to win national honors as well. I brag only because it is true, out school has turned out some fine people in the theatre field as well as the music field.) So, yeah, I'll be working in there a lot. The class meets from 12:45 to 4pm Tuesday and Thursday and from 2:30 till 4pm on Friday. Also our Saturdays pretty much belong to Shannon (She's the teacher.)

I have my recital on the 5th of September. But first, I have my hearing THIS THURSDAY! I have been trying to get mine, Chris', and Josh's schedules to line up so I can rehearse with both of them/Let Dr Winters hear me with both of them/Get them both to my hearing (Chris is my pianist and Josh is a guitarist who is accompanying me on one set of songs.) I don't know how ready I am. I know I can be ready by the 5th, but Thursday is what matters! Tomorrow Chris and I go over to the college at 9:30 to warm up and then sing for Dr. Winters.

I went to office depot tonight and spent lots of money, bought 37 ring binders! 20 of them are for the choir at church and 14 for the praise ensemble and 2 for me. Also got pencils so everyone can mark all my many changes in the music! I'm getting organized! NO MORE LOST MUSIC! Yay. Each person gets a number and each folder gets a number and each sheet of music gets a number. If music goes missing, we will know who's it is! Heh!

I'm doing better this year with studying. I read half of Antigone today, the first play I'm reading/synopsizing or whatever you would call it to write a synopsis of a thing, and I typed up my notes from history, last year I didn't do that. Also last year I made a D in history II. I intend to do better with History I.


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)