Read this and you'll go insane
Saturday, March 29, 2003
 
I found out today that there is really no danger of match boxes bursting into flame even if you put them in a fire. I tried to burn a matchbox full of matches today.... It was not as awe-inspiring as I had hoped... I ended up lighting a tealight and putting the matchbox directly over the flame. It was there for about 5 minutes and the box is still mostly in-tact except for about a centimeter strip down the middle. The match heads did burn, but not in the ball of flame I had hoped. Actualy, I didn't notice them ignite, but they are all burned now... So... Matchboxes are made to be fire-resistant dangit... So if you are ever in a burning building and have a piece of paper with you that is REALLY important, fold it up and put it in the matchbox and run out of the building, that way the paper will not catch fire.


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)