Read this and you'll go insane
Wednesday, January 07, 2004
 
For those of you who doubt that tea is better when fresh, you should come try some of the old tea that is down here in the basement. I'm not sure how old it is, but it is no longer worth drinking. The fact that the microwave took almost five minutes to heat the water is annoying also. Tomorrow I will make my tea upstairs.

At least I had a pice of Scottis shortbread to go with my tea. Mom gave me a box for Christmas, I love that stuff. It's nice to have something that is packaged and bought from a store but only contains flour, sugar, salt, and butter in it's ingredients.

I've found a recipe for scottish shortbread and intend to make it as soon as this is gone.

I have had a fire going down here in Bag End all day. It's rather nice, keeps the tempreture at about 72 as long as I don't let it become a raging fire, which it will because that stove has a good draft in it. It's pretty amazing when it IS raging. You close the door and slide the vent out all the way and open the flue all the way and it sucks air through it like crazy, you can hear it whistling through the thing. It'll get really hot that way and burn through a log pretty quickly, but also a lot of heat escapes through the chimney. Best to let it burn slow and keep the flue mostly closed.

I've also managed to put away a few more of my things today (though mostly I played C&C Regegade, which I have Mike Roderick to thank for that addiction. I had been planning on getting Tiberian Sun or some such with one of my Wal-Mart gift cards, and when I was at Wal-Mart yesterday I saw a pack which includes Tiberian Sun with the Firestorm expansion, Yuri's Revenge, Renegade, and Red Alert 2 for $20, leaving me with $30 on the card. So I grabbed it. I already have Red Alret 2, but I am not sure what condition the CDs are in, and if they are in good condition I'll sell one copy on Ebay along with a growing list of other items I need to list.



Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)