Read this and you'll go insane
Wednesday, January 21, 2004
 
This has all been said in here before, but since I have it written up I decided I'd put it here. Also this will make sure everyone knows what's going on with me, instead of having to piece it together from posts on here:

So, many of you probably already know that I have left Hattiesburg, MS, my home of the past five years sans four summers, and moved to my parents' house in Butler, AL, a town that I do not like nor do I wish to live in.

I have gotten all of my stuff moved in now, everything is placed where it needs to stay for my time here, however long that is. I am greatly disliking the dial-up internet and the small country town thing with nothing to do, where everything closes up at 5pm. I'm also greatly disliking the church situation here. They're all small churches that may as well be dead, because they are spiritually... Maybe I shouldn't judge them so harshly....

Friday I meet up with my friend Mike in Columbus, MS to travel to Nashville, TN where we will meet up with my sister and our other friend Mike (her boyfriend) and also meet up with Holly. We will have dinner with Holly and then the four of us will go to the symphony (Holly won't, she's leaving town that night) to see Benjamin Britten's War Requiem, with Don Frazure as tenor (a graduate of William Carey College, the alma mater of the four of us). We'll also probably find something else to do while in Nashville, and stay the night. Saturday we return to our respective homes.

Monday I will depart from this accursed hell-hole once again and traverse to the burg of Augusta, GA where I will visit my grandmothers and sister, go see Strauss' Die FledermaĆ¼s, and search for a job.

This is the part that not many of you know yet: This trip, originally intended to last a week, has now become indefinite. I will live in the bedroom at my grandmother's house that my sister occupied from June until the beginning of this year, and I will continue my job search in earnest while there. Perhaps her luck will rub off on me and it will be a short and effective search.

I will still be online while I am there, my grandmother has internet. I may see about convincing her to do away with the dialup and phone line she has and getting cable internet, but I don't know how effective I will be at that. Soon as I have a job, though, I will have cable internet, regardless.

I ask that those of you who pray to pray for me in my job search. Thanks everyone!


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)