Read this and you'll go insane
Saturday, January 31, 2004
 
Today was a good day. I got out and did some shopping (got my groceries, now I can create! I lack only two things: pesto and asian five-spaice blend. I shall find those somewhere, I am sure.) and then later I went to the coffeeshop for a while. It was slow, but I had something to drink and some cake, and then drank many glasses of ice water while I talked to my sister. I hadn't planned on staying the two and half hours until closing but she called up Daley (I guess that's the spelling) and we decided to hang out after she got off, and it seemed silly to drive back to N. Augusta only to come back out to Augusta in a couple of hours, so I stayed. We ended up going to becca's place and watching Pirates. Second time i've seen it. Decent movie, not a wonderful movie though.

It was good to hang out with people though.

And Robert (the owner of the coffeeshop) seemed like he might be interested in hiring me. Wouldn't be many hours or great pay, but it's something, and something is better than nothing and I can always find something better. But having income at all is good. And since i'm living rent free right now, a little something is good. And sooner is better than never. :D

So, i'm taking my resume there tomorrow. I'll still hit the streets next week and apply at other places, places that might offer me health benifits and such things that I need much.

I just ordered my Christmas present! Mom and dad bought me the Two Towers EE DVD set but I already had it so she returned it and said I could get something else. So I went to Amazon and found out that I could get Fiddler on the Roof AND My Fair Lady for just $4 more. Now that she's gotten the refund I finaly got around to ordering the replacement gift tonight. Yay for that. And free shipping, too! So in about a week I will be the proud owner of these two wonderful movies. :D Yay for movies.

I have been offering to do small things around here and for becca. I know why old men do this sort of thing all the time. It's because they have retired and so they have nothing else to do and one needs to have something to do to feel useful. So they offer to do odd jobs around the house and such. Tomorrow I will be replacing some flood lights at Becca's place and replacing/re-placing a light in my grandmother's yard. I'm also going to see about a power cord in the back yard that got knocked down by a branch in the ice storm this week (not a power line, a cord, big and very important difference there!). I'll probably see if I can find anything else to fix while I'm at it.

Also becca told me about some bluegrass music that'll be at a club downtown tomorrow afternoon. I shall likely check that out, as well. Yay for bluegrass.

Goodnight.


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)