Read this and you'll go insane
Thursday, March 11, 2004
 
So I left at three PM to visit the South Carolina DMV so I could have my residency changed from AL to SC. I got back at like quarter till four. Considering that traffic was less than lovely I would say that is GREAT. I spent less than 15 minutes at the DMV getting my new licence. All they needed was proof of residency (I went two weeks ago and didn't have such, but now I have a paycheck stub with my address on it). I didn't have to provide any forms of ID other than my AL DL since I have had a SC DL before. I even get the same number I had when I was 16.

I now officially live in South Carolina and can vote here. I now also have a driver's licence in the state that I actually spend most of my time in and claim as home for the first time in my life! When we lived in New Orleans I had a SC DL and when I was at college I had LA and AL DLs. It's nice to be cutting down on the number of states I live in! I still spend time in two states (four if you count confusion and insanity) a good deal though, since I live just across the GA/SC line and I work in GA. I guess I have to have SOME way to confuse people about where I actually live, eh? :)



Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)