Read this and you'll go insane
Saturday, March 27, 2004
 
Well, I started clearing the place out for my small garden. It's a bed about 14 feet by 3 feet that my grandfather used to grow roses in. There are two rose vines left, I'll probably leave them in, they are growing on a wall of wire at the back of the bed. I got the cloth stuff that was down as a mulch up and I got the irrigation hose up (a soak hose hooked up to a faucet I think is attached to the automatic sprinkler system, not sure, the water didn't work) and a couple of feet hoed. I'll have to do some more work to the soil as there are a lot of roots from nearby plants growing throughout it. What fun!

Really, it's fun. And a good workout.

After I got tired I laid in the hamock and read for a while in the cool of the afternoon. Very nice day indeed.

I'm going to plant tomatoes for sure, and maybe some squash. Some herbs like basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, maybe something else. I have been considering a type or two of peppers also.


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)