Read this and you'll go insane
Friday, June 04, 2004
 
So I was checking on my bank accounts online today and noticed a charge on my still active Trustmark account (that's my bank in Mississippi) that I did not recognize. It had an 800 number with the charge so I called it and got an automated phone system. An automated phone system with advanced voice recognition. Man, I hadn't realized that voice recognition had come so far. The computer could respond to yes and no questions, recognize credit card names, recognize strings of numbers and letters said in a normal voice that I would use with any telephone operator, and could convert my "twenty four forty-five" into "Twenty four dollers and forty-five cents" with ease.

The other odd thing about this encounter was that the charge was for a PC World subscription... that I had in 2000. It even told me that was when I had it. I had the option of canceling, paying a $1 fee or some such and recieving the rest of my issues (From 2000?) and a refund, not canceling (and recieving magazines I havn't been getting for the past four years?), canceling and paying $2 to get to magazines I have never heard of, or canceling and getting a refund. I chose the latter. So apparently I'm going to get refunded for a magazine I got four years ago and paid for this past week. Somehow.

Weird stuff.

OK BLOGGER, STOP BEING STUPID AND LET ME FREAKING POST THIS!!!!


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)