Read this and you'll go insane
Thursday, July 08, 2004
 
Do not use stale flour. This is a good rule to follow. I made some pancakes today using a recipe that Alton Brown taught me. However, I thought that I had replaced the flour in my grandmother's flour container since I had moved here. Well, I hadn't. Actually, it's not even the best container for flour and I should probably not use it. The absolute best place to store flour is in the freezer, and when dealing with whole wheat flour it's the only way to go as whole wheat goes rancid fairly quickly (we're talking about a month). White flour isn't quite as picky, it just goes stale after a few months. Anyway, pancakes with stale flour are not Good Eats. Blech.

Regarding Good Eats, and it's host Mr. Brown, you can buy his house on Ebay these days. Ok, so it's not his house, it's his producer's house. But it's the house wherein resides the kitchen that was used for seasons five though now of Good Eats. I guess they'll have to find a new Good Eats kitchen soon.

Library, Library, Library. I am now the proud owner of two library cards. One for the Aiken, Bamburg, Barnwelle, Edgefield regional (ABBE) library system in South Carolina (Wherein I am a resident) and one for the East Central Georgia Regional (ECGR) library system in Georgia, encompasing Richmond, Burke, Columbia, Glascock, Lincoln, and Warren counties, wherein I work (Honestly, I can't remember if it's Richmond or Columbia county...). Rock on. My grandmother had lunch with the director of the one on the Georgia side yesterday and he mentioned that I should be able to get a card because I work in the county, and I knew this already but had not done anything about it. Her reminding me of that caused me to go do it.

So I checked out books. More than I can read before they are due back... Ah well. Here are the books I got:

Nemesis by Isaac Asimov
Unaccompanied Sonata by Orson Scott Card
Schubert: The Music and the Man by Newbould
Of Other Worlds a collection of stuff by Mr Clive Staples Lewis
and Narrative Poems by the same Mr. Clive Stapels

In adition to these titles I have in my current reading list:

Night Watch by Terry Pratchett
Reaper Man by Terry Pratchett (Always a BAD idea to go to a bookstore just to find a book to kill time when you're already reading something light like that)
And that book on musical acoustics that I picked up a couple of weeks ago.

Yes... It's a good thing library books are free...

In other news, my car decided that it was too hot to use AC today and so it refused to do so. I checked the presure and, indeed, it needed some more coolant and I added some, as interesting of a task as that is when the hose you have for the job doesn't lock down properly. I lost about half a can of coolant and froze my fingers a bit. Fun stuff.

Weather.com says that it is only 89 degrees today. Bull shite, I say.


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)