Read this and you'll go insane
Tuesday, July 13, 2004
 
Good idea: Replacing the broken headlight fixture in your car.
Bad idea: Forgetting to watch out for sharp glass on said fixture.

Yeah, so I finaly broke down and replaced that stupid light. It wasn't that aweful and hard, but I did manage to slice up my fingers pretty good in the process and coat some parts in the blood of my labour. Yeah, fun stuff. Now it's hard to type because my right index finger is covered in band-aids. Rock on.

Also found out my AC system is leaking on the high pressure side, gotta figure that one out...

I hate cars. I hate them a lot.

I got it fixed in time to get to the Augusta Choral Society rehearsal tonight, though. We read through some of Rutter's Magnificat and Messiah. Also we read through some of an operetta that Sousa wrote and hasn't been done since the 19th century. He had re-worked some of G&S's HMS for choral use, since apparently the group he had working with him on it back in those days was good on the singing but not so good on the acting (This is according to the notes that were given to us with the score) and then later he took his songs from that and made his own operetta. Interesting stuff. Very G&S, yet it also sounds like Sousa.

Anyway, that was my day. Tomorrow I'll be working, fun stuffs! :)



Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)