Read this and you'll go insane
Monday, July 05, 2004
 
Most of you probably know by now, through one means or another, that my dad had a double bypass done on Friday morning. For those who might not I will recount the tale here.

Apparently he had been having chest pains since they were here last month, and had made an apointment to have it checked out. However, somewhere along the line someone miscommunicated or misunderstood and his appointment was made for Monday of this past week and he thought it was Wednesday. So Wednesday he went to the hospital and his doctor was not in, so they kept him overnight for observation and the next afternoon did a heart cath on him. They found two blockages which couldn't be corrected with stints, so they scheduled him for a double bypass the next morning.

Friday morning at 6:30 they started the operation. Sometime around noon (11 their time) my mom called me and said that the surgery had gone great and he was fine, though quite asleep. I talked to him yesterday and today and he was pretty doped up on morphine.

Anyway, so he is doing well, recovering from the surgery. He'll be in the hospital for about a week and then he will ahve about five or six weeks of recovery time at home. Keep him and us in your prayes.

I was in Norcross, GA (suburb of Atlanta) on Thursday when I found out about all of this, visiting with my good friend Mike Roderick. A great time was had by all, and there was prayer for my dad, as well.

Mostly, I was concerned about how my little sisters would handle it all. They spend the night a few nights with a couple from dad's church and that was the first time they'd been away from my parents overnight with the exception of spending the night with my sister at her house last month. Mom said they were a little upset but handled it pretty well.

I'm glad that this was caught before he had a heart attack. They said it would have most likely have been a fatal one if he had had one.

In other news, today my grandmother saw in the paper that Jessy Norman will be in town giving a concert on the 28th of August. She has never missed a performance of Jessy Norman in this area (Jessy's hometown) and will not miss this one. And she is buying tickets for my sister and me.

I would like to take this moment to gloat to all those of you who I went to college with or know who Jessy Norman is because I will be seeing Jessy Norman in concert (for FREE) and you will most likely not be! Muwaha!

I leave you with this:


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)