Read this and you'll go insane
Friday, April 29, 2005
 
Ha! I have been typing out the entire code to make my links in my blog not underline each time I make a link. I thought the other day, "Why don't I just include this in the Style Sheet?" but I didn't do anything about it. When I started typing links for my most recent post before this one I decided I would leave that code out of the link and then include it in the style sheet. Guess what? It's been in the freaking style sheet all along!

For those not in the know, the code is actually a style code and goes inside the <> brackets for the link tag as follows: [A STYLE="text-decoration:none" HREF="link" (and I always add a "target=_new"] to my links) instead of the usual [A HREF="link"]. (too lazy to make it so I can actually display the tag with the <>s.)

This is an example of using styles to modify one HTML "tag". Styles can also be used to cover an entire document at the beginning of the HTML page, or for an entire site in a sepperate file. So you can set it so all the [a] tags (replace [ with <) on a page use the "text-decoration:none" style, or all of the link tags on an entire site. It saves lots of typing. And I could have stopped typing all of that ages ago, having included it in my style probably for that very reason and forgetting about it.

And so now that i've saved myself all that typing i've made a 250+ word post about it. Of course, thats from all the caffeine I had tonight. It's 4am.


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)