Read this and you'll go insane
Friday, April 29, 2005
 
So I've decided to buy the laptop. As soon as I find out my grandmother's Sam's Club ID number I'm signing up on the website and ordering the laptop (well, and after I transfer some money from my checking account to my savings account).

I read on Coffeegeek about this way to make a cappuccino in a glass mug where you steam the milk and pour it into the mug and then pour the shot through the foam slowly, getting a three level effect with a brown layer between two white layers:



I so wanted to make this drink, so I took my small (probably six ounce?) Irish Coffee style, clear glass mug to work with me today to check it out. Steamed up some cap milk and poured it into the cup. Pulled a shot and poured it through. It came out BEAUTIFUL. I'm going to have to get ahold of becca's digicam sometime and do it again so I can post my coffeegeekish pics here! Of course, I also need to have webspace wherein to host images... You may notice all the locally hosted images are nonexistent - that's because they are at Platypi007.net which is.... nowhere at the moment it seems.

I am wanting to find a plain, unmarked shotglass so I can see what MY espresso (I created the blend, of course I used a set of guidelines someone at Coffeegeek posted, but I picked the varieties) looks like. We only have metal shot cans, and the mug I brought is a bit too wide so I don't really know how my crema compares with the other coffeegeek's crema - and I WANT to have crema that's just as thick as theirs!

Some of the pictures they post of their espresso shots... they have almost as much crema as black espresso under it... it looks like a pint of Guinness.

I went to my parents' house after work tonight. I didn't leave 'til 1am. My whole family stays up late - has for as long as I can remember. My little sisters have had a bedtime of 9 for quite some time but usually for us Gosey kids "bedtime" is more like "bed suggestion" and the twins are often up until 11 or later. And of course, having had four shots of espresso at work (It's been over a month since I've had any) and then not getting home 'til after 1, I'm still up and wide awake at 3. What fun!

Tomorrow I'm going to see my a highschool production of Oklahoma! that my friend Chad is directing. Saturday I'm taking my towel and my sister to see The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. If any of you see it tomorrow night don't tell me how it is or I may kill you.

Thursday is the ACS performance of Dvo?ák's Stabat Mater. Our last performance was hardly a month ago and 90% of the time between the Christmas performance and the last performance was spent working on parts II and III of Handel's Messiah. One of the weeks since then we did not rehearse because much of life in Augusta stops one week a year - Masters Week. So we'll have had five full rehearsals on this work by the performance. It's not a particularly hard work, though, having quite a few motives that are repeated throughout, and a lot of solo/solo ensemble sections in it. The text isn't from any of the standard Latin text I've sung though so there is quite a bit of new textual material for most of us singing.

I think we'll be fairly prepared, though. I'd love to see what we could do with two more months...

If on Thursday night I hear someone sing the word "Eja" as /'A-zhä/ instead of /'A-yä/ as anyone ought to know it should be pronounced, especially after the director has made it a point to inform the choir of this for the last three rehearsals at least once each time I think I shall lose all control and strangle some people. I mean, ok, I can see some people not knowing how to pronounce this word in Latin without being told. I can see a handful of people not remembering after being told once. What I can't come to grips with, however, is that someone could keep making this mistake after having it pointed out multiple times in multiple rehearsals.


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)