Read this and you'll go insane
Friday, June 24, 2005
 
Shaven dog!

So yesterday my parents took my dog to their house. Today they returned her, shaven. She has been shedding like crazy (I'm ok with that, it's a bit of a pain but I can live with the hair everywhere) and has had fleas like crazy (I'm not ok with that, she has been gnawing on herself a lot). Her fur was so long and thick and you couldn't catch them with a flea comb and it was insane to try to get the eggs off of her.

So, they shaved her. And bathed her in flea shampoo. And bought her a flea collar though we have never had those work well (and they stink!). And now she is back. Her under coat is white, and her head didn't get shaven, so she has a golden head and a white, wrinkly body. She didn't have wrinkles before but I guess she has gotten old and fat.

While she was away I vacuumed our rugs and sprayed them with pesticide. Hopefuly we will get rid of the fleas that have taken up residence in here.

I need to make her less attractive to fleas, though, because when she went outside at my parents house for a while they said she came back in with lots of fleas on her. So they just like her. A lot.

Some people suggest feeding dogs garlic with their food, but others say that garlic and onions and the like contain chemicals that make dogs anemic. So I don't know. A lot of places say to use citrus oil sprayed on them -- i'll try this one. And she'll smell lemony fresh!


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)