Read this and you'll go insane
Wednesday, August 03, 2005
 
Rice Cooker Goodness

I don't know if I mentioned that I bought a rice cooker on Sunday, but I did. It's a wonderful invention -- throw in some rice, water, and salt and push the button and forget about it. It cooks the rice perfectly then switches to warm mode. It'll stay on forever that way and keep rice warm for hours and hours. You can throw some veggies into the steam basket on top and you've got an instant meal.

Sunday night i used to to make rice for the curry I cooked. (Yellow thai curry with tofu, onion, and bell pepper.) Today I used to to cook rice, steam some carrots and beans, while I cooked up a chicken breast with some mushrooms and onions in some red wine, olive oil, and chicken broth.

I also made one of those tasty indian cucumber salads. The ones with the yogurt. They are great. Yumm.


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)