Read this and you'll go insane
Monday, October 17, 2005
 
Woo! I have wireless internet at the house now! Of course, it's still dialup, but it's wireless! That means I don't have to use the main phone line if I want to use the computer in a room other than my bedroom! (Or that I don't have to run another line off the computer line...)

It took me a while to get Interner Connection Sharing (ICS) to work between my two computers but after a while I found out that if I tell my laptop to use the ICS host IP (192.168.0.1) as it's DNS and Gateway manualy it works! I'm not sure what this will do if I use wireless elsewhere, though I think it should be alright since 192.168.0.1 is usualy the router's address. My router now uses 192.168.0.2.

We shall see the next time that I'm in another location!

Anyway, it's not cable or DSL, but it's wireless at least.


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)