Read this and you'll go insane
Saturday, November 19, 2005
 
Today I donned some yellow rubber gloves and removed the frying pans from their flesh-eating lye bath. First pan came out of the solution, brown stuff came off on the gloves -- that was the old seasoning coming off. I sprayed it down some with the hose and went at it with a scouring pad (not a brillo pad, a proper scouring pad) and got a lot of the old seasoning off.

I repeated this process with the other three pans, being very careful to avoid spashing myself with the nasty lye-water.

I wasn't happy with the level of black stuff left on the pans so I put them back in the bath for a while. I don't know that it will be as effective now that it's cooled off outside. Just seems like the sort of thing that would work better in warm/hot water. Anyway, I'll pull them out in about a week or so and do the same thing. Then they will probably be ready to be seasoned.


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)