Read this and you'll go insane
Friday, December 02, 2005
 
Mixer Trial Run 2.0: French Baguette

So far so good, but things are in the early stages. If it's this easy I'm totaly in love with the beautiful silver hunk of metal sitting on my kitchen counter!

I put in the flour with some salt and herbs and a little garlic and then added some proofed yeast and some water and mixed it with the dough hook on. After about three minutes the dough had been kneeded. I exerted little effort into this process at all and I have a ball of kneeded dough rising. Un-freaking-believable. Fresh baked bread every week? Possibly! Now I just need to let it rise, punch it down and fold and shape it into baguettes and then let it rise again, then cook it. In about three hours I'll have bread! (No matter how much I know about bread or how many times I make it the simplicity of it amazes me. With some flour, yeast, and water you can have a loaf of bread.)

Anyway, now we shall see. Also today the book that I went onto Amazon to look at when I saw the amazing deal on my mixer came. So I'm going to start reading it.


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)