Read this and you'll go insane
Friday, March 10, 2006
 
So The Fresh Market does, indeed, have smoked salmon (at like $20 a pound) so I bought a quarter pound of it and some cream cheese and bread ("english toasting bread", I wasn't aware they made special bread in England just for toasting, but since this sandwich had such a english tea feeling to it I felt it was the right choice) so I could try my hand at it.

I couldn't remember what else was on it, or what flavor the cream cheese had so I searched the net for the bee's knees smoked salmon sandwich and found a cached copy of 2go box's menu that said it was smoked salmon, thinly sliced cucumbers, leaf lettuce and lemon dill cream cheese spread on homemade bread.

I wasn't sure if I had any dill weed, but I had cucumbers and lemon juice. I did have dill weed too. So the ingredients have come together to form a right tasty sandwich. I didn't put quite as much salmon on it as they did since it was so costly and I wasn't sure how the sandwich would turn out. The next one i'll use two slices instead of one.

Of course I dont have any lettuce, so it's sans lettuce, but it's still yummm.

I might try making some creme brulee tomorrow, I dunno. I do know, though, that another of these sandwiches will be consumed tomorrow. Yummmmmy.


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)