Read this and you'll go insane
Tuesday, April 11, 2006
 
Ach, you know... I didn't think helping to move those presses today had hurt me. But now that I've had a few moments to sit down I realize I am, indeed, in a little pain. And I don't have time to sit around right now I've gotta go to ACS councel meeting and rehearsal in a short little while.

Presses are freaking heavy. Espically the larger of the two. Ach...

Removed all the tacets from my Messiah score tonight. I need to take it to work tomorrow and cut it for comb binding instead of coil. For one, combs are easier to get on and off so I can pull out the tacets when I use it which makes finding my spot easier and makes holding the score easier as that's a good deal of weight gone. (With my edition just having the forward and appendices gone makes it a lot lighter, that's half the freaking book!) Also comb binding won't let the book fold all the way in half so it's easier to hold while coil would probably be easier for using with a piano.

Anyway, we got a die in for our punch machine a couple of weeks ago that will cut the holes for the comb -- the punch we had for that died. I'll just take it to work with me tomorrow and do it and get an extra comb to keep the tacets in. And punch some sepperater pages so I can tell where things go when I put it back together. I could copy the Hallelujah chorus out and keep a Christmas section in one comb, an Easter section in another comb, and a general tacets section in another. But that would be a bit too complicated.


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)