Read this and you'll go insane
Thursday, April 27, 2006
 
Men rob Columbia County credit union, bank

Well, the bank they robbed after robbing the credit union is the one next to R. Gabriel's, the coffeeshop my sister works in and I used to work in, just down the road from where I work and it's the bank I use most because the branch here in North Augusta is insufferably slow.

I like to eat lunch at the coffeeshop sometimes, get something to drink and maybe a muffin or something to go with it, get out of the shop where I work for a while. So today as I was driving down Washington Road, about to turn into the parking lot of the coffeeshop just before the intersection with Davis Road I noticed a sherrif's car sitting in front of the law office between the coffeeshop and the bank and then I saw a police car in front of Fitness Plus which is in the same building as the coffeeshop.

I just figured there had been an accident or something. Then an unmarked car with lights flashing pulled through the intersection, bypassing the parking lot entrance just pulling up over the curb. The officer in the car that was already in the parking lot pulled out a sniper rifle about this time and I decided I would not turn into the parking lot there and made my way to the light and turned onto Davis as quickly as I could.

I hesitated to pull into the coffeeshop at all but figured there were a few brick walls between that and the bank to protect me inside. :)

Most of the crazy customers at the shop were standing outside watching the action. I dont think it smart to stand outside when there is a possible standoff! :)

Anyway, that was the excitement here for the day. They still haven't found the guys.


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)