Read this and you'll go insane
Sunday, April 23, 2006
 
Single origin Chocolate.

So I had not really realized that there was a growing popularity in the single-origin chocolate business. I know that wine has had this down for a while. The coffee business has been moving in that direction for at least a decade and possibly a bit longer.

Single origin coffee really is a wonderful thing, the flavour differences that come from a bean grown in one country (or just another plantation in the same country) really are amazing.

Recently I have been tuning my chocolate pallate. I had been happily eating Hershey's milk chocolate for years thinking, "Man this stuff really is some good chocolate." Then I started eating Dove dark chocolate and wasn't able to eat the Hershey's as much. Then came Ghiradelli dark chocolate and their 60% cocoa bars. I began buying one of these bars and eating a small amount off it each night. It's cheaper and better for you than eating a whole Hershey bar, anyway!

For Easter mom gave us Lindt 70% cocoa bars and she had a 72% Ghiradelli bar (the Lindt is better regardless of the fact that it has 2% less cocoa, it's got a brighter flavour to it). I have found out that Lindt has an 85% bar, I MUST try it. THEN I will have to venture into the world of single-origin chocolates.

May as well. I can no longer enjoy a cup of cheap coffee, why should I be able to enjoy cheap chocolate? :)


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)