Read this and you'll go insane
Wednesday, November 29, 2006
 
I must retract my recent statements about Cingular. (With the exception of being annoyed that the closest store is 20 minutes drive for me now even though there are four stores in the area and I live in the central part of this metro area and the part about being on hold for hours.)

So after getting them to send me a new phone last night it got here today. And they are not making me pay return postage -- they have even included a strip of tape to seal up the box with so my cost for this whole ordeal (aside from the cost of gas to drive out to the Cingular store 20 minutes away) is $7 for express shipping. I don't even have to use my own tape.

And the phone works. I was a little worried that it was going to turn out to be the battery since the replacement didn't come with a battery but it works! Now I just have to program all my phone numbers back in.

The Samsung X497 is stupid. You can't copy all addressbook entries from the phone to the SIM in one fell swoop. You can't chose to view either the phone entries, the SIM entries, or both. You only view both. So if you have all your numbers stored on the SIM and the phone for protection against loss you will have two entries for each person (in addidition to multiple entries on the SIM for people with multiple numbers). Stupid. I hate that about this phone.

Thursday night I spent an hour entering the numbers into a txt file on my comptuer though so at least I have them all.

And now my car insurance company is being confusing. I have received four bills for the next half year. Three have different totals. I paid the first and highest bill already so I should be set... Not sure what is going on there.


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)