Read this and you'll go insane
Thursday, January 25, 2007
 
And the salad was as good today at lunch as it was last night. I cooked the chicken a bit too much so it was dry. I need to brine the breasts before I do this next time and not cook it quite as hot. That is the problem with little cubes of chicken, they cook a lot faster than I expect.

I'm at school right now waiting on my last class of the day, Choral Music Lit, then I'll be on the road to home.

I was driving around Columbia (I apologies for any typos in this posting, I don't have my keyboard with me and am forced to use the laptop one) and I passed a dining establishment with a sign that said "The Italian Pie". I did a double take and turned around (crossing two lanes of traffic rather hastily) to make sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing. Pulling into the parking lot I noticed that the sign did, indeed, look like the sign that the Italian Pie in New Orleans had after they expanded and I went in. I asked the guy at the counter if it was based in New Orleans and he said yes that was where it had started.

I then told him that I used to eat at The Italian Pie in New Orleans all the time back when it was just a single, hole in the wall shop. The sort of place most people wouldn't think about eating in until they had the food and realized it was amazing food. After we left New Orleans and then came back on a visit the Pie had franchised and there were four or five shops across the New Orleans area. Now, apparently, they are all over the place and there is one here where I go to school.

McAllister's AND an Italian Pie. Now we need a Lenny's Subs and I'll be content here. :D Italian Pie and McAllister's are very close to each other, too. Nifty!

I am enjoying my classes thus far. Counterpoint I actually sort of get! At least, I think that I do -- I'll know when I get this week's homework back. I was one of the few who actually turned it in though, so that felt good! (For once!)

Now we have another assignment to write and it will be two voices, fun!

Called Dr. Winters today to let him know that I'm in grad school finally! We talked for about 15 minutes about my school and about how things are at Good ol' WCC (WCU now). Good times. I don't keep in touch with people like I ought to. I should have let him know back in December. I should have let him know I wouldn't be starting school this past fall back in like March. But at least he didn't find out about me going to grad school through other channels like he found out about my sister and Mike's wedding through a third party (Both former students of his as well). Silly people!

Well I must be off to Choral Music Lit now, bye!


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)