Read this and you'll go insane
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
 
Gute morgan! At work right now, serving the uptown VA's caffeine and sugar needs!

Last night I was reminded of many drives to or from Oak Hill Baptist in Poplarville, MS where I was the minister of music for three years while in college (and just out of college). It was rainy and overcast when I left Columbia but things didn't look too bad.

About 5 miles down the interstate towards home I heard a tornado warning on the radio but it was concerning counties near North Carolina, the opposite direction from my heading and since I was tuned into the Aiken County public radio station I figured that the drive west would be fine.

About 15 miles into my drive this assumption was proven wrong as I hit a wall of water so thick I couldn't see the road, I was having to watch the reflector directly in front of me to tell where my lane was and the only way I could tell there were cars in front of me was because everyone had their hazard blinkers on. Then the wind started trying to push me off the road. Yep, definitely a thunderstorm that was capable of producing tornados. Just like I used to drive through often on the way to church back in the day.

By the time I got to a place that I could see clearly enough to pull off the worst was past so I went on home.

Of course in Mississippi I used to go to church in those storms and come back later that night and there would be a new swath of trees missing from the median or side of the road. I don't know if I'll see any missing trees come Thursday or not! :) Always a good way to get the adrenaline going!

And today marks Valentine's day number 27 that I am single. If one counts such things.


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)