Read this and you'll go insane
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
 
Yardwork!
So I've been spending "spare" time chopping up shrubbery over the past week or so! The yard has been in a state of neglect for the past six or seven years now and the azaleas were the worst off for it. The ones in the back were in dire need of a massive cut back, one had taken root on the patio bricks in multiple places and was about 8 feet in diameter... One was all but killed off by a vine...

Anyway, I took care of all that on Saturday. The azaleas in back, all but one which hadn't grown out of control, are now just wooden branches a few feet long. Hopefully they will grow bushy. And hopefully the one that was almost killed off will revive.

Last night when I got home from school I trimmed up the azaleas in front, they were overly bushy and were making the driveway too narrow and were going to block the windows of the house. It got dark before I could finish up the front.

Today after work I did that. I trimmed the azaleas by the driveway and I cleared out the "oasis" on the side of the yard inside the driveway (it's a circular drive). I cut the seven foot camellia down to about three feet and cut out the vines that were growing in it. It is a lot more open now. I also trimmed the azaleas down and cut a few overly large limbs out of some other flowering bush/tree thing. I think I still need to cut a couple of limbs shorter on that but I managed to break the lopper I was using.

Anyway, it is starting to look better!


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)