Read this and you'll go insane
Thursday, May 03, 2007
 
Dinner!
I spent a couple of hours getting ready for the dinner at Becca's tomorrow night. Since Fer is in town I decided that I should cook for us, so tomorrow night the Fer, Becca, Mike, and I are getting together for dinner.

I decided I wanted to grill, since Becca has a grill and it is grilling season now, and then I decided to go in an Indian direction with the meal.

The menu includes grilled asparagus marinated in soy sauce and sesame oil with sesame seeds, tandoori chicken, eggplant curry over rice, naan (an indian flat bread), and rice pudding.

I made the rice pudding and curry tonight, along with starting the chicken marinating for the tandoori. I had to make a garam masala since I couldn't find any. And I ended up just throwing some spices together that seemed similar to what the sites online had (since there isn't really any one recipe for it) so I am not sure how it turned out (it is a part of the marinade for the chicken and since I am unwilling to eat raw chicken I will not know until tomorrow night).

Tomorrow I will just have to mix up the bread dough and let it rise, marinate the asparagus, fire up the grill, and grill the foods. I'll reheat the curry and cook some rice and we will be having dinner! Mmmm...


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)