Read this and you'll go insane
Thursday, June 07, 2007
 
Laptop = dead
Yeah so... I got the order from TC today, ram had no effect. I have decided that it isn't worth it to buy a $100 processor that might or might not fix it (and I am beginning to think it may be the video adapter that is out, which is part of the motherboard, which would cost $500 to fix). Instead I have started looking at new ones. I can get a better one for under $500 right now. 64bit AMD processor with 1gig ram. It's got Vista though... most anything will but... ugh.

Good news: The 44-40 pin IDE adapter worked and I have now transfered all the data off my old laptop hard drive to my desktop. The USB card worked and now I have 5 USB ports on my desktop that work at USB 2.0 instead of 2 that only work one at a time not at USB 2.0.

Class was canceled again today. I missed the first day and the last two days haven't met. Tomorrow maybe?


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)