Read this and you'll go insane
Monday, June 04, 2007
 
Summertime
And I have school again! It's my first time doing a summer course, I've got oratorio lit this month and next month I've got conducting. I was an hour and half late for my first class today because of a horrendous wreck on I-20 eastbound just outside of Aiken... It was, I think, an RV that burned. All that was left was the charred remains of the chassis and engine. I assume it had been there since the morning since it was not smoking, and it was still there 2 hours later when I made the trip back, traffic still blocked up behind it for 6 miles.

I got to class in time to get the syllabus and my two assignments for the month, and to find out we don't have class tomorrow. I'll be doing reports on Arvo Pärt's St. John Passion and Tan Dun's Water Passion on St. Mathew. Tan Dun is the composer of the score for Crouching Tiger and for Hero, he composed an opera that made it's debut at the Met this past winter (that I saw on simulcast if you remember) and Pärt is one of my favorite contemporary composers as well. Nifty!

Got home and did the yardwork and went swimming with my sisters and Mike.

Not a bad day if you delete the sitting on I-20 for an hour.


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)