Read this and you'll go insane
Saturday, January 19, 2008
 
Coffee!!!
Well, not just yet. I finally took that bread machine apart tonight and did a little modification. I removed the circuit board and disconnected the thermocouple and heating elements and hardwired the motor so that now when the machine is plugged in the motor is on. I may add a switch later, I may not. I will probably do a little modification to allow me to use a simple digital kitchen thermometer to monitor the heat down by the beans but i will save that for later.

I'd love to go use it right now but it is a bit wet outside and I don't feel like cleaning up chaff from using it in the basement. Also the whole house would smell like coffee smoke (which would be an improvement over the cigarette smoke that permeates the house when my uncle is working down there...) if I did that.

And I think the green beans I have are probably over two years old, unless I can find the green sulawesi I think I have around here somewhere... (About a year is the average shelf life of green beans. 2-3 weeks for roasted beans, fyi.)


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)