Read this and you'll go insane
Thursday, September 25, 2008
 
More on computers
Looking around I see a few others saying the same things, while some seem to be saying that the touch-screen laptop will be the way to go. I don't see that happening, I think that tactile response is a key element to typing quickly and accurately. But perhaps I am wrong. Perhaps I am the 21st century equivalent of the typists of the past century who resisted electric typewriters with their far easier to press keys. Perhaps the future is in keyboard-less systems utilizing touch-screen keyboards and handwriting input. Perhaps I am the old guard and will resist such changes as generations past have done with other advances that eventually took over. Perhaps the Iphone and its like are, indeed, the future.

The only way I'll ever be fully onboard for touchscreen tech as a daily interface for regular computing is if they can find a way to do away with the biggest issue: Oily finger smudges all over the screen. It would drive me insane.


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)