Read this and you'll go insane
Saturday, January 10, 2009
 
King cake!
Here are pictures of my first king cake of the 2009 season. This was working off of my newly formalized and slightly modified recipe. I ended up adding more flour because though the recipe should only have been around 50% hydration it looked more like 80%... I'm not sure if I mis-measured something or if the flour was just particularly non-absorbent, I'll try one more before I make the change in the recipe.

I've also posted a picture of the original recipe, scribbled on notebook paper and stained with oil, complete with the sticker from one of the lemons I used one year (one lemon produces more than enough zest and just enough lemon juice for the cake, cream cheese filling, and icing and you should always use fresh lemons for such things rather than those lemon-shaped bottles of stuff).







Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)