Read this and you'll go insane
Saturday, March 07, 2009
 
I should update this, eh?
Ok, so here is the quick run down of my life (not involving pizza, king cake, or computers) over the past few months...

Finished the job at Kilbourne Park Baptist as the music intern there in December and spent about a month and half trying to find another job.

Took my oral comprehensive exam in the middle of February and failed it.

The week before I had gotten the call from the chairperson of a local church's personnel committee wanting to set up a meeting with me and the committee, so Thursday of the week I failed my orals I met with them and on Friday they called offering me the position! So, I am once again employed.

The Saturday before Mardi Gras I had a Mardi Gras party at my place which lasted until much later than I thought it would (the next morning being my first Sunday at the church this was, quite possibly, not the smartest move staying up until 3:30 and all) and had another failed king cake. (Ok, I lied about there being no king cakes in this post. King cake one this year was barely acceptable, king cake two was a miserable failure. I made an experimental batch of mini king cake dough balls which the last two worked out well so I used the last modification of the recipe for the two I made for my party, which both failed. I am at a loss to explain the behaviour of my king cakes since I moved to Columbia--I never had trouble with them in Augusta.)

Two Sundays have passed now at the church and things are going pretty well. I've even almost gotten Easter planned! The rest of Lent, however, is still not planned.

I am taking two online classes for library science and that is all I am enrolled in for credit. Singing with two ensembles at the school (concert choir and grad vocal). I am also still sing with Colla Voce.

I have yet to get my orals rescheduled--it was tough getting the first one scheduled--so I will not be graduating in May but in August. I hope. Then I will begin working on my MLIS (professional student here).

So, that is about all for now.


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)