Read this and you'll go insane
Friday, June 05, 2009
 
Fried egg wih basil chiffonade
Eggs and Basil

I decided to try something a little different today and spruce up my fried eggs. Since I have a huge bush of basil growing on my porch I figured I would use that.

So, I caramelized some diced onion and fried two eggs (sunny side up). I brushed olive oil onto two slices of bread and toasted it (I realized recently that this works great in a toaster), placed a slice of picante provolone (Boar's Head) on each piece of toast and then some of the onions. Topped that with the eggs and then a chiffonade of basil.

It is very tasty, the freshness of the basil and the sweetness of the onion and richness of the cheese compliment the egg very well.


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com

Klasinc&Loncar Duo (Just trying to help it get picked up by Google spiders, I maintain it for them)